200 Business Startup Tips.
Our 200 Free Business Startup Tips Worth £7500 Will Save You Years Of Research.
#1 Business Startup Tips #1
1. Never market to the world. Find your target market and save money.
2. Give first, sell second. Some people give a free pdf or a valuable video when giving something first. A free pdf or video can save you money as you never have to keep paying for a video or pdf, don’t you just love the digital world. A pdf or video can even help build more trust for you.
3. Find the right colours for your business. E.g, logo, business cards, and even web sites. keep it consistent.
4. Please do not give up if something don’t work out. It’s the idea that didn’t work not you. Keep going and don’t give up. We don’t have enough people in the world that even want to try, so you still got one over on them tomorrow.
5. People laugh because it’s a surprise, they laugh because they did not suspect it. Make people laugh when acceptable in advertising. This will get them talking about your brand, the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
6. If you are not failing, you are not making progress. That’s how you become great at it, you know what works and what don’t.
7. Don’t be boring with advertising, you don’t want an average business.
8. You may have the most amazing advertisement, but your sales page sucks and pushes people away. Please fix this problem fast. One of my best tips this.
9. Good product and service providers get a lot of their business by referral. If like me, I tell all my friends about good businesses and people. Look after everyone you do business with.
10. How much of your business comes from word of mouth. If every client tends to send three more friends at around the same value, your £1000 customer just became a £4000 customer.
#2 Business Startup Tips #2
1. If you can afford to give some profit to workers, then do it. They will work better for you if you do it right. I will let you get creative.
2. Bad energy in your life = bad energy in your business. People will spot this problem. Never pass bad energy to others.
People with emotional intelligence will spot bad energy first, emotional intelligence is one of my top tips so please write this down. Please watch this video after you read my 200 tips. This video could help grow your business by 20%.
3. Don’t do everything for money, do things for your customers. If some people stash anymore money under the bed they might have a problem as there backside will touch the light bulb. Show your customers you do care about them by giving back.
4. People know you are a social businessman if you like to give back. This will go a long way for you.
5. When advertising on your web site, it’s not what can you advertise, its what do your customers need.
6. Be the middle-man in business when learning. You have less or nothing to lose. If you’re going to fail fail responsibly.
7. Keep learning new things in your game of business. If someone needs you, then you can pick your own wage because you know so much.
8. Watch the government laws. Please subscribe to email newsletters in the industry you work in. You must do this.
9. Try to get people together to buy in larger amounts to save money. Its business, please do not pay high prices as they need you more sometimes.
10. Do not bother going into a business that takes most of your time for a small return. It will run you down. No one deserves to be run down in life.
#3 Business Startup Tips #3
1. Always become the observer, step back and take a look at the bigger picture on every deal and idea.
2. Go with your gut feeling, it’s not what you think, it’s what you feel. “Kevin Green Quote”.
3. Sometimes the big profits are when you sell a business. Some businesses are not worth selling, keep them safe.
4. You get more people interested to buy your business on the way up, and less when it’s at its full potential.
5. Be honest, don’t be clever or it’ll come back and get you.
6. Say YES or NO. Never use maybe, this saves you time and hassle.
7. Comfortable people will probably never change. A frog down a well only sees his piece of the sky. If you like something, then do it. Don’t be a frog.
8. If you got to pay for teaching, then pay it. The best investment is in yourself. knowledge pays your bills.
9. Don’t price too high, price lower, but get the right price. Offer customers three prices. Not everybody wants the cheapest product, offer a strip down version of your product and offer an upgrade version of your product.
10. Don’t beg. Buyers hate beggars so please be honest.
#4 Business Startup Tips #4
1. If cleaning a car you are selling could get you an extra £150, then keep things clean. It’s just lazy leaving it. It shows you’re not reliable.
2. Respect comes from winning. Try win every time.
3. Never sell too low, they will want it low next time.
4. Protect your online reputation, reply back to everyone’s comments. Unless there aggressive then block them.
5. Tell people before you do something. E.g. Hey guys tomorrow we will be giving one lucky winner the chance to win a TV. Click here for more information.
6. People love photos, use photos on your website and social media walls. Tip. Facebook likes photos that only has 20% text. Try to keep your image within this 20%. This may change so please research this.
7. Use buzz words like, FREE. LOOK. WIN. QUICK. LAST CHANCE.
8. If you post a video on social media you can try to apply it like this. VIDEO. Cat Scares Dog.
Put the word video before your post link. Let users know what it is. Please test what works for you. You can even put the length. Example. 0:20 sec. This tells the mind it will not take much time.
9. Same with photo links. E.g. PHOTO. 1 million pennies.
10. Try to keep your links around 25% or 90% the way down in comments and posts when marketing.
#5 Business Startup Tips #5
1. Use #1 #2 #3 #4 on all your videos. Or Part One, Part Two. This will remind people what video they left at so they can come back later. It now lets people know you have more than one video so you got more chance of getting them to view the rest.
2. Negative feedback is good feedback. It lets you change things in and around your business. Welcome with open arms. I love negative feedback, it’s awesome.
3. Allow people to post content to your blog and social media walls if you have a website. They will feel it’s safer and will trust you more.
4. When people leave a posts on your wall, their friends see it too. That’s viral reach.
5. To build a community you need to listen and respond to the community.
6. People use Facebook because they want to be heard. Asking people questions will get them talking. This now gives them and yourself what you want.
7. Don’t forget to tag people in comments, this gets more views and engagement.
8. Recycle your most successful posts to re-engage fans.
9. You do not want to think too far into the year about your content. About four weeks.
10. Bring new fans back into your most brilliant and engaging content.
#6 Business Startup Tips #6
1. You can try copy and paste old posts and try modify it with new words by using new headlines. The new headline may work better.
2. Do not recycle recent content all the time, fans will feel like they are seeing re-posted content too frequently and this can make them leave. Recycle older content. Post the same status five times over a length of time.
3. Investing in old posts that already have a high engagement rate is more likely to give you the best return for your money. Do not go with what your mind thinks, go with data backed insights.
4. If you own a business you must have a website and social media pages. Do this next week.
5. Most importantly you must have a blog. Blogs help you get noticed more in search engines.
6. Submit many articles to your blog. Articles are powerful in building links to your website.
7. The more articles you write the better, as articles are published by other people. They will post your URL. Writing articles don’t cost you anything, just a little time. Please do not forget keywords and phrases in your web content.
8. Have a link to your website homepage on your blog posts. Small tip. Photos that say click here get better returns than text links. Please write this down. Make the photo a clickable photo. Keep that tip a secret.
9. Blogging and adding fresh content will make search engines like google crawl your blog.
10. Be patient and follow SEO tips and steps consistently. Your website will not rank high over night. Consistently work hard at writing good articles. How to blog post are good as people search how to all the time.
#7 Business Startup Tips #7
1. Choose a steady network to market. Twitter Facebook and YouTube are my choice. Test all social sites and see what gives you the best results.
2. Focus on a release schedule. Find out from your insights when a bulk of your audience is online and deliver good content at times they’re most likely to be online and engage with it.
3. Keep up with trends. Quality is often dictated by the viewer not the poster.
4. Sharing and commenting on other people’s material puts you smack-dab in middle of the social experience.
5. Ask people for engagement. “Click here” or “Read this” or “Please share”. The Call To Action is one of the best ways any internet marketer induces follow through after the material is released.
6. Remember social media is being viewed by real people. Do not be a robot, oil the way you do things, or might rust up.
7. Find out what you’re doing correctly and incorrectly, by doing this you can double down on what’s working to increase your odds of success.
8. Big mistake I see people doing is not having real goals. Start with goals from the start.
Lots of people fail because they spend all week looking at the goal, spent some time looking at the steps to get the goal, then start doing them. Forget about the goal and focus on the steps, you might change your plan halfway up to something better.
9. Don’t use social media for pure advertising. Social media feeds that are full of promotional posts will quickly drive away any audience. Red Bull is a good example of how it should be done. Sell with fun and give a buzz.
10. It’s called social media for a reason. It’s for Socialising and News. Advertising should be natural not spam.
#8 Business Startup Tips #8
1. Never start strong then become less frequent. Keep your work and social media strong at all times.
2. Always try a handful of marketing 8-15 different ways. Ask people how they come to find you and please take note of this.
3. Something that works great on Facebook might be a complete bomb on Twitter. Keep testing each platform until you discover what works best for your brand. Twitter fans might like news and facebook fans might like fun photos.
4. Do not always post the same content on all social media platforms. Mix things up.
5. Always answer people’s questions. People are now starting to use social media for a quicker response for support. Why would they call 089000 numbers that cost them money when they know social media networks can work just as good. Tip. Have an FAQ on your website to save your team time. Tip 2. Try use FAQ videos if you can. Take some stress away from your team with them easy tips. People are people with real feeling, people are not numbers.
6. Tackle your workspace and remove clutter on your desk. Keep only what you need and remove the piles of paper stacked to the roof. Clean space = clean mind = new ideas. Please remember piles of paper are also a fire hazard. Please be safe and keep your team safe.
7. Weekly facts on your social media pages always works well if you need some content.
8. Play games with people. E.g. Do you know the location of this beach, or, how much do you think this is worth.
9. A mistake many business owners are doing now is spending all day on social media. Don’t forget to concentrate on the most important things first. Use HootSuite or buffer to fix this problem. Check back at peak times to reply.
10. Quickly create content about breaking news in your market for your blog. You can always share the same news with a new headline if you’re stuck for time.
#9 Business Startup Tips #9
1. A study showed that around 43% of online business’s picked getting traffic as the number one problem they needed help on.
2. Without traffic you haven’t got an online business.
3. Take advantage of free classified adverts. Just search for them keyword in google.
4. Pay other people for jobs that do not make your business money or takes a great deal of your time away. This now lets you go make the bigger money.
5. Ad exchanges are good. You put someone’s website on yours in exchange for yours on theirs.
6. Never spam your links everywhere. Google will know you did. Google don’t like broken links.
7. Ask your friends and followers to share and like your links. Google like social media sites. Earning links to your website are key.
8. Get involved in other people’s convocation. Try end the convocation with a link for them to click. E,g. It’s been really nice chatting with you, why not check out my website here for more information on this. Enter the link then end the chat with have a good week or hope you like it. See how you got content with your link, this now tells google it’s not spam, and you don’t look like spam to users. Be real.
9. Remember, people are watching your convocation online, you might not think this but they are. They will also be clicking on your links that you post too. People do this because they do not want to feel like they are missing out on something that can benefit them.
10. Try to find groups that are talking about the same business, products, or services as yours. Don’t leave that group without leaving your link. Remember what I said, do not be a spam user.
#10 Business Startup Tips #10
1. If you have insights for something new that’s going to help you build your relationship fast. Share this with your fans before someone else does.
2. Keep away from groups that just get spam and links you don’t want to click. You want the groups with nice people that chat and reply.
3. Forums are just as good as groups. Never forget that link at the end or middle of the chat.
4. Make sure your link takes them to a capture page, or an amazing sales page.
5. The call to action in a convocation should be like this. Click here for more information. Then, end the chat with a question like, “did you check our link”. After they reply back, ask them this, “what did you think of my site, or, what did you like the best? This now gives you a second chance to win new traffic as most of the time they will need to click your link to give you that reply. Bingo you win.
6. Makes sure your capture page gives them something for free, for example, pdf, video, or a report. You must give people value and a reason why they need it.
7. After traffic you got to convert them. Giving value to a user makes this easier to win them over.
8. When writing online articles, try to put photos and backlinks in the blog, mix it up. Never forget your keywords for seo.
9. If you don’t know key words or how to write good articles then just search this on Google & YouTube. People love helping people out online. Ask people and more than likely you will receive a reply.
10. Always use your own content an headlines. Never take other people’s just get some ideas from them.
#11 Business Startup Tips #11
1. Giving value doesn’t have to be something to do with business.
2. If you are going on holiday to France, why not use this for social-media. Hey I’m off to France for the first time, do anybody recommend a place to visit, or, What’s it like.
3. Remember business can change. Getting your customers email and having a fan page will keep you safer when moving up or down.
4. Your squeeze page should really be aimed at getting the email and details.
5. Do not keep talking about yourself 100%.
6. Always have a phone number, address, and email on your contact page. People trust this more. Submit your business to Google maps. It’s all free.
7. Networking events can be one the best things to grow your new business that little bit more. You get to meet some handy people too. £20 is money well spent.
8. Keep the right people around you. Do not have negative people in your life.
9. Hashtags after every word is unprofessional, and it looks like spam.
10. Please write everything down. Do your homework and keep your homework. I was reading an article in 2014 and it said the mind only remembers around 10% of what it reads after two weeks. But the mind remembers around 50% of what you see and hears. Use a photo or video.
#12 Business Startup Tips #12
1. People that laugh at what you want to get out of life, or at the things you read are the people who won’t go far in life. great minds talk ideas, small minds talk people. An empty vessel makes the most noise. Keep away from some people.
2. Some people will unsubscribe from your email lists because they feel like you are a robot. Send them a video of you.
3. If you discuss the topic coffee, then tag a leading brand in the content. They might tweet you back too. It works amazing if your fun about it.
4. When someone unsubscribes why not offer them something different they may like. Or ask them to follow you on Facebook or Twitter if they don’t like email. You’ve lost them anyway so might as well give it a bash.
5. Don’t forget to test different titles and photos before you spend money on pay per click. Write this down.
6. When you need something, ask your friends for good contacts. Don’t be tricked by a flashy website. Some people will try and scam you. You will meet the good, if not the best contacts in networking events. “Into Biz Cardiff” is a good one.
7. Don’t suspect big results from free advertising. You must pay for some top advertising.
8. They say to spend about 8% or 12% of your income on advertising. Try new things and keep track.
9. Always ask your leads how they heard about you. Take notes.
10. Photos get more engagement than statuses on facebook.
#13 Business Startup Tips #13
1. The market and demand will always change, you just need to be prepared.
2. Find the truth when something goes wrong.
3. Try to trust the people around you so you get the best out of them.
4. Don’t do things in small steps. Do things big, but play it safe. This can also inspire people around you.
5. It’s only what you don’t know that makes it hard. It’s really easy when you learn.
6. Knowledge is power for your business. Take the step forward when you have it.
7. We can’t always have heads when flipping the coin, sometimes we’ll get it wrong. Learning from failure can only make you better for next time. It’s also nice to give the right advice to others who ask for it.
8. I’d rather not lose any money, but if somehow you do don’t worry about it. My saying is this. I’d rather lose £100 now than £3000 up the line.
9. Learn new things from your competition, see what they can improve and do it.
10. Get an outside prospective on anything you may be struggling with. Don’t guess, respect the knowledge of others.
#14 Business Startup Tips #14
1. Keep bookkeeping up to scratch from day one. Even money you spend on training.
2. Ask the right people for advice, you will be surprised who will help you for free. People are nice like that.
3. Have a daily task list when planning daily tasks. It’s good to keep phones and social media away when doing this.
4. Your google ranking does not have to be number one, just in the top five.
5. Remember your website and social media page is like google. People mostly look at the top of that page and never scroll down. Have an amazing header on your website.
6. Having a real address on your website is better for the search engines.
7. Having videos with keyword on your website gets you listings on search engines. The first is your website. Sometimes your video can rank higher than your website content.
8. Link your website with other search engines.
9. The best way to succeed in business is to be in business, please show off your work.
10. Keep yourself and staff busy, but don’t stress them out. I’d rather be busy than bored. Have an FAQ on your site to take some of the stress away from your team.
#15 Business Startup Tips #15
1. Plan your weekly tweets out. This saves time to do other things later.
2. Weekly facts work wonders. Write 52 down before you commit to it, this can be a fun job for yourself or staff to get them working together as a team. Or you can do them in videos, people love videos. Small tip, get your staff to do the videos, some people trust the staff more than the boss.
3. Be fun. Have a monthly meeting before doing work. Get your staff to discuss a topic they learnt over the weekend. But remember, six people away for 10 minutes is one hour of work time wasted.
4. Always be nice to everyone as this could cost you your business. Your worst customers are the best customers as you can learn how to fix the small problems you may not see right now.
5. Don’t be scared to tweet and talk to people online. They might not have anything to tweet or discuss. You will be helping them out.
6. When selling
You got to find out people’s pain.
Give them a solution.
Give them a time it’ll be completed by.
Do it in a remarkable way.
Charge a flat fee.
Validation must be there at all times, if it’s not it’ll be harder to sell.
7. Be like the news in your headlines. Try to tell the story in 3-5 words only.
8. Be careful about what statuses you LIKE on Facebook&Twitter. People see this.
9. Set milestones then use it for your PR and social media to let everyone know what you achieved.
10. Make your milestones memorable. Milestones can be something simple like, telling people about a new employee. Please use a photo of them if they don’t mind as some people would rather not be in the spotlight. Or a milestones can even be getting 1000 new likes or follows, effectively letting people know your business is doing well.
#16 Business Startup Tips #16
1. Always celebrate your achievements. When telling people about achievements, try to use a photo or video. People like to see real life things. E.g. If you just left a meeting to catch a plain, then show a live photo when you arrive at the airport of the plains.
2. Mondays and Fridays are not really good for new or important content. Mondays are about catching up, and Fridays are all about leaving. Mid week is sometimes the best. Tip. Blog posts get more shares on a Sunday. Please test what works for you.
3. Have photos of your staff if you think this will benefit you on your web-site. I highly recommend it. Like I mentioned just now, some people trust the staff more than the CEO.
4. Always have a U.S.P. Unique Selling Point
5. Try info-graphics when posting photos. E.g, word and image.
6. Play games on your social sites about things you sell. E.g, can you guess how much this ring is worth. If you work in wedding or ring shop.
7. Don’t take other people’s work. If you do, then change it in a whole new way.
8. Change your site layout every three years.
9. Watch flash player on web-sites, flash and pop-ups can slow your site down. People will leave if your site runs slowly.
10. People don’t recommend black as your backgrounds as this leaves shadows in the back. I think black and white works best on some web-sites. If you do use black, then please make sure it’s really smart and sharp. Black can work for some sites, but not all. Black means money they say.
#17 Business Startup Tips #17
1. When you use a phone number or address on your site, try to keep this in the header and footer of your site.
2. Always have a “about us” on your site. I did say having an FAQ will save you or your team time. The last thing you need is people calling up about your price or how it works when it can all go in your FAQ for them to read. This can also save your team time on social media by sending users one link to that page. Having a “about us” will let people know why you do things.
3. Staff feel more attached to the business if you got a photo of them on your web-site. Make everyone feel important and show you care.
Never use words that will make staff feel like the job they got is not important. One I like is, Sarah is a new member of our team. “We feel so honoured Sarah picked us”. Something down this line will work well.
4. It’s called social media, not social selling. They’re here to interact not buy. Selling on social media do work, but you need to do it right.
5. Don’t sell straight away, start a convocation then know the right time to sell.
6. Two monitors during working hours are good. E.g. One for Email and one for research or work. Business startup tip. Only have one if you’re a new business startup to save costs.
7. Always update your web-site if you have one.
8. Tell people when you send email what to do next. E.g, click Here for more info. Please don’t confuse people.
9. Call people that email you, saves you so much time, stick to a time limit, add on an extra two minutes the chatty people like me, I could talk a glass eye to sleep.
10. Most people look online for problems. Be the one to fix it.
#18 Business Startup Tips #18
1. Have fun with comments.
2. Ask customers to tell people about you on their social media walls. Give it time before you ask.
3. Don’t give up. Keep getting involved in things.
4. Google a problem someone has asked, then send them the link to content on your website. This gives you the chance to get involved and it gives you the chance to post a link to your website for them and others.
5. Do videos and lead the way.
6. How to find buyers on twitter. One way is message them. If they try to sell to you straight away, then they may not very good at the job they do. Build a relationship then sell to them later. This trick tells you they may need advice.
7. Your photos must be the right size for when people share them to their feeds. Don’t let them cut out. Use the right photo size by going to Pixlr.com or canva.com and changing them.
8. Try to keep the best and imports stuff at the top of your website. Known as the header.
9. Try to use CamelCase words for hashtags. E.g. #DogCats not #dogcats. The mind can take the text in quicker.
10. People remember memorable things for a long time. This is key, so please do some memorable things.
#19 Business Startup Tips #19
1. Make sure the product or service, or even the method of doing something is memorable. This can be something as simple as wrapping it nice and leaving a note or a fancy bag with free chocolates. We all love chocolates. Below are four lines to use when handing over chocolates.
Life is like a box of chocolates, full of nuts! Chocolate it doesn’t make the world go around, but it sure does make the trip worth my while.
Chocolate is cheaper than therapy, and you don’t need an appointment.
I would give up chocolate, but I’m no quitter.
2. Give something a new name, try to create it so people never forget it.
3. Don’t just tell people how to do something. Try to discuss the difficulties people usually encounter when attempting something and tell them a way to solve it.
4. I mentioned you got to make sure your image is the right size. You can even use two images side by side in one. Or five in one.
5. Make sure your logo on your blog and web-site pages link back to your home page of your site.
6. Please use CamelCase Words in long text headlines to break it down.
7. Change the font when you edit text so you can spot spelling mistakes.
8. Post around 8:00am or 12:05pm until 2pm. After 5:10pm is good. Remember people get more lazy after 4pm. Weekends 7:00pm 10:30pm. Sometimes the weekend is better to post than a Friday. Please test and see what works for you.
9. Use caption on videos, it’s been proven to get a better return.
10. Oped in lists should be easy for the user so they don’t have to sign-up and take much time away.
#20 Business Startup Tips #20
3. After someone signs-up or sends you an email, send them a thank you email back. Put a link in that email to your Facebook page. Or you can send a video with a CTA.
4. When you send Emails put your links in the message twice so it saves the user time. People are lazy and don’t want to go back to the top of the page.
5. Colours and words play a big role in advertising. Signs speak louder than words, or as lord sugar would say, actions speak louder than words.
6. Discuss what you got in common and exchange business cards. You may not be able to help them, so find out first the needs of others.
7. Did you know the way you offer and say something can play a big part in getting bigger tips. Example below.
Tips can go from 3% 12% then to 24% if you do or say the right words.
If you give someone a mint the tip is about 3%, but if you leave two mints it’s about 12%
If you give leave three mints you get no change in the tip and it’s still 12%
Leave two mints then walk away, then walk back and say, because I like you, you can have an extra one, your tip can go up from 12% to 24%
8. Fast thinking and slow thinking. 1+1 = 2 | 27 times 84 = …. Now this takes you longer right.
Don’t waste people’s times with slow thinking things as people like to save time. But sometimes the odd fun slow thinking can help your site as google like sites people stay on longer, so I was told.
9. Post good content to people, blog great stuff and send it out so people feel connected to you.
10. Business Startup Tips. Don’t forget to highlight your links in your email letters and blogs. 1And1 Is The Hosting Provider I Recommend For Small Businesses.
Do You Want More Customers ? I will personally send you FREE stuff.
100% Privacy. I will never spam you!